Get in touch
"*" indicates required fields
Frequently Asked Questions
- The General Counsel Statement in Support of Diversity & Inclusion was launched in 2019, initially driven by General Counsel in the largest companies in Europe.
- The objective is to promote Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) across the legal sector, by defining and sharing best practice, identifying KPIs and Metrics to measure success, and encouraging in-house legal teams to take steps to support greater DE&I within law firms.
- GCD&I is a not-for-profit initiative which is owned and led by General Counsel and the in- house Signatory community.
- GCD&I is committed to a collaborative model to drive change and law firms and others in the legal ecosystem are invited to Partner with us (see How do I become a Partner below).
- The intention is to work with other diversity programmes in the sector to generate greater impact and avoid duplicating efforts.
- We are committed to achieving greater Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the workplace.
- This applies within our organisations and in-house legal teams, as well as our law firms.
- We recognise that we have a role to play in supporting and facilitating improved diversity within our law firms.
- Simple decisions we make, from who we call to how we resource matters, can facilitate change, or conversely add to the problem.
- We want to work collaboratively with our law firms: e.g sharing lessons of what has worked and what hasn’t and identifying systemic issues hindering progress and new ways of working together that can address these.
- By partnering with law firms, and others in the legal sector we believe we can drive a faster pace of change towards improved DE&I.
- If you are a General Counsel who is aligned to our objectives and messages, you can become a Signatory by sending through your company logo to be added to the Statement in Support of Diversity & Inclusion and this website.
- Signatories are then encouraged to share the Statement with their legal advisers with a view to highlighting their commitment to DE&I and setting the expectation that their law firms be committed to the same values
- If you are interested in becoming a Signatory, as a first step please get in touch by completing the form on this page.
- There are many opportunities to get involved. You (or a member of your team) can join one of the Working Groups; Task forces or Communities to support the activities of GCD&I. We greatly value the input across our Signatory Community and we are keen to encourage volunteers.
- You can also attend, or host, an event to support our activities (see events page). If you are speaking at a conference or being interviewed, you can mention the work of the group.
- While GCD&I is owned and led by General Counsel and the In-House Signatory Community we are committed to a collaborative model to drive change and law firms and others in the legal ecosystem are invited to Partner with us (see Partners).
- If you are interested in more information on how to Partner with GCD&I as a first step please get in touch by completing the form on this page.
We are happy for you to reference your participation in the GCD&I Initiative in your own D&I events and communications, but we would ask that you don’t reproduce the statement or participant logos (including the GCD&I Logo) without consent. Please get in touch.